Nutritech Equi-Guard Powder
EquiGuard™ is New Zealand's original answer to equine nutritional behavioural problems caused by mycotoxin activity in pastures and feed, a natural product comprising modified glucomannans from yeast cell wall, chromium and an antioxidant. It acts as a digestive aid and provides nutritional support for horses grazing high endophyte pastures.
Low levels have cumulative effects which can gradually damage organ function. There are no practical means of ridding feed of mycotoxins, so EquiGuard™ is used as part of a strategy to help horses exposed to feed containing mycotoxins.
- Mycotoxins are difficult to measure, as many different mycotoxins can be present simultaneously, making analysis difficult and expensive.
- Mycotoxicosis is hard to diagnose; symptoms are usually non-specific, such as behavioural changes, lost performance and higher disease incidence.
- Fungal species coexist and most can produce more than one mycotoxin. Mycotoxins are synergistic, meaning low levels of a combination of mycotoxins have a greater impact than single toxins.
EquiGuard™ is a natural product comprising modified glucomannans from yeast cell wall, chromium and an antioxidant. It acts as a digestive aid and provides nutritional support for horses grazing high endophyte pastures. May be used in conjunction with EquiPur (natural herbal extract) to aid in detoxication, cleansing horses system and support normal liver function.
Chromium (organic), Orego-Stim®, Mannan oligosaccharides & Vitamin E.
Recommended Dose Rate:
- High dose - 4 g / 100 kg for 5-7 days: Horse (500 kg) = 20 g Pony (250 kg) = 10 g
- Normal dose - 2g /100 kg: Horse (500 kg) = 10 g Pony (250 kg) = 5 g
- One 15 ml scoop (included) is approximately 10 g
Directions for Use:
Administer EquiGuard™ powder to horses by mixing with supplementary feed. Begin with the high dose, and continue for at least 5-7 days. Following this, the dose can be reduced to the normal rate depending on the individual horse’s response. For best results feed morning and night.
**While we do our best to keep the website up to date, there will be times where some products and services listed are not available. If your order can not be filled we will inform you ASAP, we will offer you an option to back order the item, an alternative item or a refund. Products are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time, including after you have placed your order. Please note this Website is NOT Stock Controlled.**